The seven national representatives attended the meeting
Nearly 200 delegates attended the meeting including officials working in the field of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET), representatives of seven ASEAN Member Countries (Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Singapore, Vietnam, and Thailand), and others international organization in Thailand (UNESCO, GIZ, SEAMEO, British Council) among others delegates from Australia, Japan ...
Directorate of Vocational Education and Training (DVET) and some of the vocational education institutions attended and shared about TVET Workforce Development for Industry 4.0.
NIVT shared about Vietnam TVET
At the meeting, we, officials responsible for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and representatives of seven ASEAN Member Countries (Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Singapore, Vietnam and Thailand) met in the ASEAN TEVT Officials Round Table Meeting in Chiang Mai, Thailand to determine policy directions of TVET development and collaboration in ASEAN and identify strategic framework and priority areas of development, especially, on prospects of Internationalization of Qualification and Standards of TVET.
The seven present countries today recognize the importance of TVET development, both at national and regional levels. They collaborated with several international organizations and other relevant educational stakeholders in many projects: (i) to minimize social disparity by providing TVET access with equity and equality; (ii) to develop the quality and standards of vocational education system and robust curriculum; (iii) to nurture youth with the senses of morality, discipline and social responsibilities; (iv) to promote the teaching profession by upgrading the teacher status and qualifications.
They are also cognizant of the increasing integration in the region and the world with the efforts of governments to address labor market demand which help bring about social development and economic growth. The importance of advancing TVET towards Internationalization of Vocational Education Qualifications and Standards is the key to ensure greater mobility of the learners and workers, and collaboration, not only an individual country in the region but also the entire ASEAN countries as a unified community.
At the end of the meeting, they agreed that:
1. Share knowledge, best practices, and resources, in preparing TVET workforce for Industry Revolution 4.0. Online TVET portal will be used as a learning platform to enhance information sharing.
2. Establish ASEAN TVET consortium and online communication platform as a mechanism for moving towards regional integration.
3. Cooperate in the review and share the development of respective National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and work toward the referencing process to ASEAN Qualification Reference Framework (AQRF) in order to ensure the relevance of TVET Qualifications to Occupational Standards.
4. Carry out TVET digitalization through working closely with the industries, universities and related agencies for TVET personnel development, and sharing knowledge and experiences among ASEAN member countries.
5. Mobilize entrepreneurship for TVET learners by cooperating with both public and private sectors and develop a learning platform for ASEAN member countries.
Pham Xuan Thu
Last modified on Monday, 12 August 2019